For this week I picked a visualisation that really stood out to me. It’s about the courses on offer at California University and looks like this:
What works well:
- Not much, to be honest, but I like the breakdown by university and the decade selector
What could be improved:
- This visualization makes it pretty much impossible for me to learn anything insightful about the course offerings.
- There are countless colors, each representing a field of study. Colors have multiple meanings, some wedges are impossible to distinguish because they are so small.
- It is impossible to compare different fields across universities or over time.
- What am I supposed to take away from this?
What I did:
- I’m not really in the mood for vizzing at the moment, so here’s something without insights