This has to be quick. 2020 somehow still hasn’t finished and this Monday has been dragging on for what feels like 40 hours now. Let’s make it a bar chart to end the year.
But first: Here is the original viz, looking at cocoa import stats for regions across the world:
What works well:
- comparing years for each region
What could be improved:
- Remove the colors
- Give it a more meaningful title
- If comparing years per region, a line chart would also work well
What I did:
- A bit of tinkering in Tableau to try different options.
- I decided the bar chart broken down by Year and Region gave the best option for comparing the dominance of Europe as an importer to the other regions while also seeing the growth over time.